2PacShakurChannel Forum

Welcome to 2SC (2PacShakurChannel) Forum.

Please Register to be a part of 2SC and the Legacy of Tupac Shakur.

Keep the Legacy Alive!

- 2SC

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

2PacShakurChannel Forum

Welcome to 2SC (2PacShakurChannel) Forum.

Please Register to be a part of 2SC and the Legacy of Tupac Shakur.

Keep the Legacy Alive!

- 2SC

2PacShakurChannel Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan

2SC Adil
    2SC Adil
    Admin
    Admin

Browser : Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan Fmchro10
    Mood : Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan Daring

Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan Empty Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan

Post by 2SC Adil Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:11 am

Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan
    Sacramento's McClatchy High School Teaches About Rapper In English Classes

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- While some high school English classes teach Shakespeare and Edgar Allen Poe, students at Sacramento's McClatchy High School have Tupac Shakur to their lesson plan.

School leaders said they are teaching Tupac's work -- including his poems, music and life story -- but don't condone his lifestyle.

"They think of him more as a poetic person," student Korina Serrato said.

Educators are using his work to teach critical thinking, analyzing and prioritizing information.

"My mom actually looked at it. She saw, and she was like, 'Oh, that's really cool,'" student Rachelle Alaman said.

"It pulled me in. I wanted to learn about it more," student Tony Rajsavong said.

Darlene Elliot, a parent, said she feels teachers should have discussed the lesson plan with parents before presenting it to students.

"It's an English class. It's not something that music should be a debate in there," Elliot said.

Teachers said that since implementing the lesson, the number of proficient students has increased.
    Makavelilives*
    Makavelilives*
    Thug Immortal
    Thug Immortal

Browser : Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan Fmfire10
    Mood : Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan Daring

Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan Empty Re: Tupac On High School's Lesson Plan

Post by Makavelilives* Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:59 pm

This reminds of something i did. I read the book The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli and made a sideshow on it. I strongly incorporated Tupac into it but what angers is me is that my teachers and most of my peers haven't even heard of Tupac. I mean maybe you have never heard one of his songs but not even heard his name? Anyway Tupac in schools would be great if the government allowed it more which they wouldn't...

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:21 pm